Anatomy of Font Fixer
I had released Font Fixer back in 21 February, 2007 and so far it is the most downloaded software of my blog. Now I will share how it works and how I found the way out. I hope you will enjoy it . That time latest Windows Operating System was Windows XP (Service Pack 2) and it was shifted with a default Bangla font named Vrinda, which was smaller and uglier than the recent version. And also Microsoft didn’t (still doesn’t) provide any way to change the default font. So, It was hard for general users to change the default font. Before Font Fixer a popular way was to use the hacked Vrinda (A font named Vrinda with SolaimanLipi glyph).
One day, I had got a document created in MacOS. When I opened it, I found that it was written using the Halvetica font. I didn’t have Halvetica installed in my PC but still I can still view and edit it. Though, it looked like Arial to me but Microsoft Word was displaying Halvetica as the font name. Then the word Font Substitution came into my mind. I googled it and bingo! I found this post by Michael Kaplan, a great guy .